Friend Sunday is an annual day (1st Sunday in March each year) when churches join together and encourage their members to reach out and invite friends and family to a special service where friendship is honored and encouraged.
The Friend Sunday movement hopes to reach every home in America with an invitation to a Bible-believing church and ultimately into a relationship with Jesus.
About the Need:
- In 2013, a Gallup survey stated that 87% of people believe in God. Yet only 27% of those surveyed individuals attended church in the last 7 days.
- In addition, 82% of people who don’t attend church say they would attend IF invited by a friend, yet only 2% of Christians ever invite someone to come to Church
Friend Sunday is designed to help combat the decline of evangelism and church attendance by providing churches and church attenders with a seeker-friendly, “invite-able event” they can easily be implemented and used to ask friends, family and neighbors to attend your church.
Why Should Your Church Be Involved?
- The friendship factor is one of the most important reasons people come to church! According to church growth expert Win Arn, a survey of more than 50,000 people over the last 10 years revealed that between 75 and 90 percent of people say they began attending church because someone invited them.
- Participating in Friend Sunday provides you with an invite-able event in spring in addition to Back to Church Sunday in the fall, and also helps get your church name and information out in the community as members are inspired to become inviters.
- FREE church roster - help visitors find your church by adding your information to the nation-wide map of participating churches! Add Your Church Today!
Planning a successful event is easy with the Friend Sunday Church Kit - downloadable e-resources include:
- Planning & Idea Guide
- Two Inspiring Videos
- Customizable Sermon
- Web & Social Media Graphics
- Digital Marketing Guide
- And much more!